CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Another Wrong Moment at Lord and Taylor

Tom Brady wannabe aside, another wrong moment happened while I was seeking out the best black cashmere cat-burglar hat. A congenial lady approached me, and started asking me my opinion about hats.

Unfortunately, the buyers at Lord and Taylor's New York store must have been selecting their winter hats after a crack binge.

The Congenial Lady, who was in her 60s, put on one knit hat with a pompom that had side tassels which tied together to form a bow at the chin. She asked me what I thought of it, and this is how it went down.

Congenial Lady: I'm from here (New York City), so I want to make sure that I don't look stupid when I walk down the street. (My aside- as opposed to all of the tourists who walk around in Santa hats with Crocs on while Christmas shopping).

Me: Honestly, you need to take that hat off. I don't like it. I can't let you walk out of the store looking like that. No, that hat is wrong. Pompoms are not meant for grown women. Trust me, I can't do that to you.

Congenial Lady: I'm glad that you are so honest.

Me: Yes, I mean I don't know what these buyers are thinking, but these hats are really for little girls.

(Aside- I also thought, any woman who is adding anti-wrinkle cream to her nightly beauty regime has no business wearing a pompom hat. It's about as ridiculous as a woman trying to jam her DD's into a training bra and believing they'd actually provide good support).

She ended up with this cute chenille pompom less hat. Congenial Lady approved of my black cashmere cat-burglar looking hat choice, and it was all good in the Christmas hood.