CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Have you ever had an indirect intervention?

Yes, when I was a senior in high school. A Nice Lady Drug/Alcohol Counselor came in during health class to hand out questionnaires regarding familial history and personal exposure to drugs and alcohol. Personally, I faired well, clean as a whistle. However, the same cannot be said for the other side of the page.

The familial history- well after naming off more people than fingers, the alarm must have sounded. The Nice Lady Drug/Alcohol Counselor called me down to the senior cafeteria, and said that she had never encountered someone who had such an extensive history of familial related alcoholism- on both sides to boot. I thought, no, there are more people who do, but I have no denial in admitting the lush life tendencies of a few members of the extended clan. My parents were fine, it's just the other "x" percentage that had issues, but it's not like they lived with me. I had to reassure her that none of them were dwelling on Skid Row, they were good taxpayers, but you just know when people don't know when to say when.

At one point, Nice Lady Drug/Alcohol Counselor's eyes bugged out, and she was literally shaking, and in the meantime, her voice quavered, "How do you cope?"

I giggled, and made her freak a little, and told her, "I don't know, I just tell them to pass me the bottle." Her face turned to horror, and I laughed, "Gotcha!"

Yes, I'm wrong.